Answering the Call to Die.
My heart has been ringing off of the hook. God has been attempting to reach me, to call me out of this mediocrity and into His abundance. I didn't want to answer but God always leaves a message...

A few months ago, I got the message. I needed change and I knew it. I needed something to get me out of the state of spiritual limbo that I was experiencing. I knew what God was asking me to do. I just wasn't ready to listen.

I went to a local Christian Bookstore to search for a new devotional. I heard from a friend that a new one had been released. I searched the "personal growth" aisles until I found it, "A Call to Die." I was excited. Maybe this would be what I needed.

I went home and quickly read through the Prologue. That was no problem. It was the introduction that issued the greatest challenge to me. Before I could progress in the book the author challenged me to sign a 40 day commitment. It was a commitment to fast the thing that was most distracting to me spiritually. Disappointed, I closed the book and placed it on my shelf.

My heart never stopped ringing. I could feel God tugging away at me; begging me to give Him everything I have to give. I fought, kicked, got angry, and finally broke down into tears. I decided in that moment to start a new journey and I answered the "Call to Die."

I am on Day 3 now and I can't express to you the joy that has filled my heart. I have a new motivation to love and serve. I have an increasing passion for Jesus. He is breathing His life into me as I slowly die to myself and carry this cross.


Mark 8:34 34Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
1 Response
  1. edaluv Says:

    you have no idea how much your u posting about A call to die means to me. I too was searching for a new devotional..but online. A call to die came up..I have had it almost a week. I feel God tugging and tugging at me to commit to it and I am resistig because it seems so hard.. so I decided to look online to see if anyone had commented about it..I am gonna begin and see where the journey leads me..THANKS